Be a Digital Parent Role ModelFeb 04, 2018
The key to digital parenting is communication.
A digital parent . . .
- Talks with their children openly and regularly
- Knows that there is a time and place for tech - and is able to explain that to their children
- Searches online for anything that they don’t understand
- Appreciates the benefits of Internet and technology
- Is aware of the risks of Internet and technology
- Remains calm when something happens
- Pays attention to their children’s use of screens, including TV, Kindles, gaming consoles, etc.
- Is a good digital role model
- Knows how to use parental controls
- Encourages their children to use Internet and technology, (wisely and safely)
Plans offline activities whenever possible
And here are some excellent resources to keep you motivated:
Family Online Safety Institute: 7 Steps to Good Digital Parenting
Internet Matters: Online Issues: Learn About It, Talk About It, Deal With It
Looking for something more? Shoot me an email at [email protected]. I would be really happy to help!
Don't miss out!
Get all the latest digital parenting news delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.