Meet Our Founder
After finishing a doctoral dissertation on children's rights and the internet, Elizabeth realized that she had found her passion. Not puppies (those came later) but a passion for anything related to internet, technology and children's rights.
So off she went to slay in the business world by creating, tah dah "Crossing Guard Consulting" to offer consultancy services to protect children on the digital highway.
She quickly realized that 'Crossing Guard' did not make sense outside of the US, and after sitting in tons of meetings and conferences, she also realized that parents were an underrepresented stakeholder.
Name change and mindset pivot - she changed the name to Digital Parenting Consulting, to emphasize parents (although the core work remained the same - empowering parents to protect children).
From there, things took off like fireworks. She spent the next 9 years advising governments, tech companies, associations, schools, and of course parents, on child online protection, wellbeing and safety.
In July of 2021, she pulled all the services names under one company name - Digitalem. Yep, that's short for her passion combined with her name - digital Elizabeth Milovidov.
A quick peek of Elizabeth in action.
Meet Our Virtual Team
Executive Virtual Assistant
Cheney Rulloda, has been the Executive Virtual Assistant for Digital Parenting Coach since 2018. Formerly a registered nurse, Cheney brought her medical professional background as well as extensive maternal experience to the team. As a mother of 5, Cheney has her eye on issues that affect boys and girls, as well as special needs children. Her insights into this often forgotten community is invaluable.
Cheney handles all administrative support for Digitalem and regularly assists Elizabeth in the production of keynotes, audience surveys, and research. Cheney is also responsible for the creation and scheduling of social media items on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Occasionally, Cheney creates short marketing videos, also for social media. She is truly the person responsible for all the magic on the back-end of Digitalem.
Book Designer and Print-Visionary
Julie Karen Hodgins is the book designer for all the print and eBooks in our Library. A consummate professional, she is a Canadian based in the USA, working with English-speaking clients around the world. Every cover and design has the "Julie touch" and our digital families are thrilled with the results.
As a paper and book lover since she was a toddler, as well as a budding designer in middle school, book design was an obvious career choice for Julie. Julie studied Graphic Communications and worked both with a non-profit publisher and a commercial book printer before starting her own book design business. She has now been working with book design, printing and publishing for over 15 years.
Have an idea about digital parenting?
If you have a project about children and the internet or an idea about parenting in the digital age, please reach out to me below via Facebook Messenger or send me an email at [email protected].
Reach Out Now!
I would be absolutely thrilled to hear more about your ideas or projects.
You made it to the bottom of the page!
Hooray, it's time for some juicy facts about yours truly.
- I am 6-foot 1, wear a size 12 shoe and I am ALWAYS tickled pink to wear high heels when I toodle about town with my 6-foot 8 husband. Gulliver's Travels anyone?
- I watched way too much TV in the 70’s (Gilligan’s Island, I Dream of Jeannie, Gumby, Underdog, Zoom, Bionic Woman, Facts of Life, Diff'rent Strokes and more) and I turned out relatively ok.
- I love Star Trek Next Generation and think Jean-Luc Picard and Data are the coolest, but I would have given anything to play a Klingon girlfriend to Lieutenant Worf. I equally love Star Trek Voyager and think that Captain Janeway kicks serious bootay.
- Star Trek vs. Star Wars? I love them both and let's throw in Battlestar Galatica to the mix. The old-school version with Dirk Benedict and Bonanza dad, Lorne Greene or the new-school version with all of the international relations implications.
- I am THAT annoying person who buys anything Apple creates.
- I would love to have Olivia Pope’s wardrobe, bags, one-liners and dinner options (wine and popcorn), but with my own morals and values.
- I get a real buzz speaking in front of audiences, but I much prefer to hang-out just one on one, so I can really focus on the person in front of me.
- I'm fluent in English (duh); I speak perfect French with a supposedly "charming" American accent. I can make polite conversation in Spanish, but if you want me to pull out the big guns and speak Russian, then we must have copious amounts of wine first.
- I believe I was a superhero in a past life because Marvel movies resonate for me – every time. Okay, maybe that's just Chris Hemsworth.